Rosenborg Castle, Christian IV´s beloved country seat, built outside the ramparts of Copenhagen in 1606, was expanded, converted and extended over the next 250 years, leaving behind it a complex and comprehensive architectural history.
The castle, a museum piece in its own right, currently houses the Royal Danish Collections and is visited by 200,000 people annually. For a number of years EMA has been looking after Rosenborg and adjoining buildings in Kongens Have (The King’s Gardens), and has thus been instrumental in ensuring the continuity and quality of one of Denmark’s finest castles.
The assignments include restoration of the castle’s 18th-century Porter’s Lodge, appointment of exhibition facilities in the basement of the Castle, restoration of the castle windows, and reinforcement of the Knights’ Hall’s partition flooring as well as renewal of its marble floor. In addition, building inspections will be conducted with a view to maintenance and the generation of fresh ideas, and to plotting the future of the castle and its wings in financial terms.